With the July 4th Holiday approaching we would like to ask all citizens to join us in making this Fourth of July holiday happy, enjoyable and safe for everyone.
Haywood County citizens should remember that fireworks, as enjoyable as they are to watch, can be dangerous and must be handled responsibly.You can enjoy a safe Fourth of July by following these safety tips:
- Never give fireworks to small children, and always follow the instructions on the packaging.
- Keep a supply of water close-by as a precaution.
- Make sure the person lighting fireworks always wears eye protection.
- Light only one firework at a time and never attempt to relight “a dud.”
- Store fireworks in a cool, dry place away from children and pets.
- Never throw or point a firework toward people, animals, vehicles, structures or flammable materials.
- Stay at least 500 feet away from professional fireworks displays.
- Leave any area immediately where untrained amateurs are using fireworks.